2023 Fees & Registration
- be 5-18 years of age as of June 1st (5 year olds must have completed Kindergarten)
- demonstrate the ability to enter the water unaided
- be able to safely swim one length of the 25 meter pool (any stroke) without resting on the bottom of the pool or on the lane ropes
Coaches will evaluate swimmers throughout the first week of practice to determine placement. If, during that time, the coaches determine that your swimmer is not quite ready to participate this year, coaches will contact the parents of the swimmer.
Fees cover expenses such as coaching fees, insurance, Northland Swim Conference fees, USA Swimming fees and equipment (public address system, upkeep on starting blocks, lane ropes, flags, tables, etc.)
- Registration is a two part process (new for 2023):
- one fee to Woodneath Farms Swim Team: $125 per swimmer for Woodneath Farms residents and $150 for non-residents. The swimmer's home address determines residency.
- one fee to USA Swimming: $40 per swimmer.
- Current year-round (club) swimmers who have already paid the USA Swimming fee for the 2022-23 swim year will not have to pay this amount. Information about how to receive this discount this will be in the online registration form. Note: high school swim team does not qualify for this discount.
- A $30 per family fundraising fee will be added to cover some of the items listed above. This is in lieu of hosting a swim-a-thon or selling items.
Registration will open to returning swimmers and Woodneath residents first. Registration will open to non-residents 1-2 weeks later.
Club Swimming Note: We welcome club swimmers and are happy to work with your club practice schedule so that you can participate in both teams for meets.
Registration can be completed online and all registration fees can be paid online with a credit card payment. If an alternate payment method is necessary, please contact the Woodneath Whitecaps Treasurer.
Registration refunds are not guaranteed and are handled on a case by case basis. Admin fees will apply. As a result, any potential refunds will be partial and must occur by the second week of practice.
Suits & Spirit Wear
Suits and spirit wear will be available online during the registration period and will be delivered at the start of the season.
For information about the Little Caps (Developmental Program), please see the Little Caps page.
Medical and liability release forms must be signed and on file before a swimmer enters the water on their first practice. These are completed during online registration.
In order to make practices and meets the most beneficial and safe for all, a discipline policy for both athletes and parents must be signed. If a coach encounters a problem, they will give your child one warning to stop their disruptive behavior. If the behavior continues, the child will be asked to sit out for a period of time. If the behavior continues, the parents will be notified and the child will be sent home for the day.
All families are asked to volunteer to work shifts during multiple meets during the dual meet season. Each family is required to work shifts totaling a minimum of five points. Details can be found in the Team Handbook.