2020 Practice Schedule
All practices will be held at the Woodneath Farms swimming pool, Monday-Thursday.
|Group||Practice Time||Arrival Time*|
|Group 1||7:00-8:00am||not before 6:55am|
|Group 2||7:45-8:45am||not before 7:40am|
|Group 3||8:30-9:30am||not before 8:25am
|Group 4||9:15-10:00am||not before 9:10am|
*Check in at the main gate (at the pool house)
Group 1 : 11/12 girls, 13/14 girls, ALL 15-18 swimmers
Group 2: 9/10 boys, 11/12 boys, 13/14 boys
Group 3: 9/10 girls
Group 4: ALL 8U swimmers
- Daily practices are used to build strength, improve skills and increase speed. Swimmers should make every effort to attend daily practices. If a swimmer finds it necessary to miss practice, advise the coach as soon as possible.
- All Woodneath Farms pool rules must be obeyed.
- All swimmers must attend the practice time as designated by their age group.
- Only swimmers swimming in their designated practice time can be in the pool during practice.
- For the safety of all swimmers, please do not talk to the coaches or your swimmer while they are on deck or in the pool. Any questions or concerns must be directed to the coach by email or after practice.
- Parents should refrain from coaching their children and stay back from the sides of the pool during practice. The coaches will communicate to the swimmers whether they are working hard enough or doing the stroke correctly, etc.
- In case of thunder or lightning, the coach will make the call to cancel practice and follow proper procedures to evacuate the facility.
- Be on the deck 10 minutes before practice is scheduled to begin. This is the time to stretch.
- In the event of lightning, we will cancel practice. However, we will practice in the rain.
- Team suits may be worn to practice, but keep in mind that the colors will fade and fabrics will stretch with exposure to chlorine over time. Many swimmers use 1-2 suits for practice and reserve the team suit for meets.
Optional "Fun Fridays" will be held on most Friday mornings throughout the season (8-9am), as time for donuts, awarding meet ribbons, socializing and swimming! (Note for 2020: Fun Fridays will not occur in order to keep with guidelines)